- Written, produced and engineered by Cocteau Twins.
- Additional engineering by Mitsuo Tate.
- Photography by Spiros Politis. A Blue Source sleeve.
- "Violaine" has appeared in live performances.
- An alternate version of "Tranquil Eye" was recorded by Faye Wong (Wangfei), singing in Mandarin Chinese.
- This was the last Cocteau Twins release to appear on Mercury/Fontana (with the exception of the song "Touch Upon Touch," which was released in late 1996 on the compilation Volume 17).
- Digitally remastered and re-released in 2005 as part of Lullabies to Violaine.