“It’ll flop! Even though it’s a goodie…” Elizabeth Fraser
Love’s Easy Tears
- October 1986
- AD/BAD 610
- 13 min, 38 sec
- Love’s Easy Tears
- Those Eyes, That Mouth
- Sigh’s Smell of Farewell
- Orange Appled
- All titles written and produced by Cocteau Twins.
- Recorded and mixed at Good Earth, London.
- Sleeve design by 23 Envelope.
- AD610 (7-inch single) did not include “Sigh’s Smell of Farewell” or “Orange Appled.”
- BAD610 (12-inch EP) and subsequent pressings included all four tracks.
- Peaked at #53 on the UK album chart.
- A promotional video was produced for “Love’s Easy Tears.”
- The song “Crushed” was recorded during this time period, but was released as part of 4AD’s 1987 compilation, Lonely is an Eyesore, as well as on the bonus disc of the 1991 EPs and Singles Box Set.
- A live television performance of “Orange Appled” was broadcast by SNUB-TV in the UK in 1990.
- Re-released in 1991 as part of EPs and Singles Box Set.
- A remastered version of “Orange Appled” appears on the 2000 collection Stars and Topsoil.
- Digitally remastered and re-released in 2005 as part of Lullabies to Violaine.
- All tracks have appeared in live performances.
Listen and buy online
- “Vocalisations”. Tony Bacon. Making Music. Jul 1987.
- “None of This Should Have Happened”. Mark Cooper. Q. Apr 1987.
- “A Method in Their Madness”. Jack Barron. 15-Nov 1986.
- “Let’s Not Say Anything”. Chris Heath. Smash Hits. 04-Nov 1986.
- “Love and Misery in the Cocteau Twins”. Andy Strickland. Record Mirror. 15-Oct 1986.
- Review of Love’s Easy Tears. Cath Carroll. NME/New Musical Express. 11-Oct 1986.