“Robin rang up and said, ‘Would you like to come and do some work with us?’ He took us to this little room with all these tapes of every Cocteau Twins track ever. He said, ‘Mix two tracks off the new album and pick whatever two tracks you want from the back catalog.’ So I looked at all these tapes and thought, ‘Well I’ll have that one and that one.’” Mark Clifford (Seefeel)
- October 1995
- Fontana/Mercury & Capitol
- 22 min, 5 sec
- Feet-Like Fins
- Seekers Who Are Lovers
- Cherry-Coloured Funk
- Written and produced by Cocteau Twins.
- Recycled by Mark Clifford.
- Mixed at September Sound and Polyfusion, London.
- A Blue Source sleeve.
- Peaked at #59 on the UK album chart.
- Digitally remastered and re-released in 2005 as part of Lullabies to Violaine.
- All tracks from Otherness were included in the 2018 release Treasure Hiding: The Fontana Years.
- “Seekers Who Are Lovers” and “Violaine” appear on the 1996 LP Milk & Kisses in radically different form.
- “Feet-Like Fins” originally appeared on the 1986 LP Victorialand.
- “Cherry-Coloured Funk” originally appeared on the 1990 LP Heaven or Las Vegas.
Listen and buy online
Live televised performance of “Seekers Who Are Lovers,” featuring Mark Clifford, The White Room 1995.
- “The truth is not perfect: Robin Guthrie on the Cocteau Twins’ major label years”
- Sonic Cathedral | 31-May 2020
- “Embracing Otherness”
- Alternative Press | Jan 1996
- “Really Twins Again”
- Music Monitor 1996
- “Making Points”
- The Boston Phoenix | 14-Dec 1995
- “Songs from the Siren”
- Boyz | 11-Nov 1995
- “Settling in with Fontana”
- Music Week | 16-Oct 1995
- “The Band Who are Definitely Not Spokespersons for a Generation”
- Volume | Winter 1995