“I always prayed for this: when the thoughts do land. It’s positive reinforcement, this sense of movement. The space enjoyed. It gives me a new sense of progress. To this new life my capacity to improve. Yes, I will stay focused, when the thoughts do land. The space enjoyed, because the wheel turns round.” “Round”
- March 1996
- Fontana/Mercury & Capitol
- 11 min, 21 sec
- Tishbite (edit)
- An Elan
- Written, produced and engineered by Cocteau Twins.
- Additional engineering by Des Ward, Mitsuo Tate and Lincoln Fong.
- Photography by Spiros Politis. A Blue Source sleeve.
- Peaked at #34 on UK album chart.
- Sleeve features lyrics from “Tishbite.”
- A promotional video was produced for “Tishbite.”
- “Tishbite” has appeared in live performances.
- Digitally remastered and re-released in 2005 as part of Lullabies to Violaine.
- All tracks from Tishbite were included in the 2018 release Treasure Hiding: The Fontana Years.
Listen and buy online
“Tishbite” © 1996 Mercury Records.
- Cocteau Twins: “Touch Upon Touch”. Volume. 1996.
- “Shedding the Ethereal Legacy”. Marci Cohen. B-Side. May 1996.
- Untitled. DotMusic. Mar 1996.
- “Heaven Handed”. James Rotondi. Guitar Player. Apr 1996.
- “Cocteau Twins”. Ronald P. Vincent. Raygun. May 1996.
- Untitled. Barney Hoskyns. MOJO. 1996.
- Interview with Robin Guthrie. Mike Gee. The i. 1996.
- “The Cocteau Twins”. Tim Tucker. Total Guitar. May 1996.
- “East is East and West is West And Here the Twins Shall Meet”. Jennie Ruggles. Addicted to Noise. May 1996.
- “Really Twins Again”. Tim Rollins. Music Monitor. 1996.
- Interview. Ozone. 1996.